Sometimes I look around and think "What the hell is going on here? Who am I? Why am I here and what am I supposed to be doing on this strange little planet?" I ask various people what is going on and it seems that they are as confused as I am.
Its as though we were all dumped here with no manuel on how this life is done right and we must just figure it out as we go along. Its no wonder people have so many personal issues and problems. We live in a confusing world with strange emotions and irrational behaviour. Then on top of that we have to live among everyone else who is struggling to understand what is going on.
While I may not be able to give any concrete answers to the burning questions of life, I can however help with some advice on how to direct your life forward and at the very least gain some insight on what motivates, inspires and drives you. Living a life with purpose will make your life worth living. You will get up every morning knowing that you matter and that your impact on the world is changing it for the better. You will be happier and more resistant to illness. It is time to become curious about everything you think, feel, believe and understand. It is time to become more receptive, open and creative with your life.
Habituated thinking will only limit new awareness and prevent learning to take place.
As educated or smart as you think you may be, it is time to become a new learner. A new learner of finding out what makes you tick. What competences, actions and behaviours do you need to take on so that when you look back on your life one day, you can look back in pride and say : "What an amazing life I have lived!" Be who you are first and the rest will follow. Discovering your life purpose will focus your attention on the essence of who you are.
6 Simple Ways To Live With More Purpose
1. Create a vision for your life purpose. List the 10 things you love to do or have done and loved. Name several things you have consistently made a part of your life. Example : Your faith/spirituality; creativity at work; heartfelt communication; networking with like-minded people etc. What characteristics were present that supported your list? What qualities are you looking for in people that will help accomplish your list? What are the essential supporting features of the world you want to live in to be at your best?
2. When in your life did you feel you were living on purpose? What have you done in the past that made you feel alive, creative and fulfilled? There will be moments that will stay with you forever. Maybe you managed a great project or helped a charity. It will be times that you are in the moment and time completely vanishes. What was it about those moments that stayed in your memory and how can you incorporate that into your life right now?
3. Use your strengths. We all have strengths. Unique qualities and abilities that can be utilized to your advantage. Maybe you can communicate really well with people. Don't underestimate your strengths and think that they may be of no value. You may just need to think a little out the box on how your strengths can be useful to someone else.
4. Get stuff done. Write down everything that you have wanted to do, but haven't and get it done. Be prepared to dump items from your list if it will never get done. Maybe you need to have an honest conversation with someone that you have put off. Get it done. Unload some of that baggage from your life. Free up some space in your mind and your life.
5. Recognize your standards and then raise them. Be the person you want to be. What qualities does that person exude? How do they stand in their power? You might find value in integrity and your word is your promise and that is something you wont compromise on. You may want to be neat and tidy because it demonstrates personal respect. You may believe in friendship and will not gossip about your friends behind their back. Standards may not win you friends, but it will show people that you are genuine.
6. Give back. Whether it is to a charity or just helping an elderly person cross the road. Do something for someone, and do it with full acceptance that you will get nothing in return. We are all struggling in this world, but some people may be struggling a little more than us. Do what you can with what you've got.
You may have no idea what your life purpose is, but if you practice these simple ideas, you may stumble upon a life that you have always wanted live, but just never realized it was there.
Thanks for reading,
On March 10, 2016